Careers in nanotechnology and manufacturing in Cheshire, UK
Moorfield Nanotechnology design, manufacture and supply state-of-the-art scientific research systems including PVD, CVD and etch tools, to academic and industrial customers. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions and a disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and focussed on solving problems for our customers through innovative solutions—that’s the DNA that has led to our success to date. The company is independent and cash positive with no external shareholders, allowing us to make informed decisions quickly. We work to complete tasks. This is a place that rewards motivated people.
Current Available Roles
Systems Software Engineer
Moorfield Nanotechnology Limited is one of the most innovative high technology companies out there. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions and a disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced—we like to move faster than a normal person thinks is reasonable—that's how the company operates and it is part of the DNA that has led to our success in the market. Moorfield's primary focus is in physical vapour deposition and chemical vapour deposition systems for R&D scientists. We serve both academia and industry. We are independent and cash positive with no external shareholders, so we can make fast informed decisions and move quickly. We work to complete tasks. This is the place for motivated people.
Due to recent growth and expansion into new territories and technologies, we are now looking to add talent to our existing team. As part of this, we have a vacancy for a Systems Software Engineer. The role will involve the development and maintenance of PLC and PC software essential for the operation of PVD, CVD and etch systems. Experience with similar systems, especially from an applications point of view, would be a distinct advantage.
Working with other team members, key parts of the role will include:
- Development/maintenance of PLC/PIC software for systems hardware operation
- Development/maintenance of PC/HMI software for systems user interfaces
- Rigorous testing and record-keeping for all work completed
- Ensuring work is completed to stringent quality standards
- Interfacing with design and applications team; suggesting improvements, keeping records for traceability purposes
- Assisting production and customer support staff with fault diagnosis and resolution
- PLC programming
- PC software programming (ideally with an object-oriented language such as .NET)
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant technical field
- Scientific systems, especially PVD, CVD and etch tools
- Practical electronics and PIC programming
- Mechanical engineering
- Postgraduate degree
Candidates should have engineering qualifications and/or experience relevant to the work detailed above, should be excellent communicators and thrive working as part of a strong team. Creativity and initiative for problem-solving are essential, as is a desire to complete tasks to deadlines together with the ambition and capability to progress quickly within an SME with a unique product range.
The role will involve occasional national and international travel to customer locations.
Applicants should include an up to date CV together with a covering letter explaining what they may bring to the role and what attributes they possess that would strengthen the development team.
Agencies need not apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year
- systems engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Knutsford, Cheshire (Preferred)
- Driving License (Preferred)
- English (fluent) (Required)