Research-grade vacuum deposition with inert sample handling Where samples or deposition materials are air sensitive, a glovebox-integrated PVD tool is a must. Moorfield are experienced
Company Procedure Number: CP15
Revision History. 0.0
This privacy notice is applicable for existing or potential customers.
1. Who are we?
Moorfield Nanotechnology Limited (‘Moorfield’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) may gather and process your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Moorfield’s registered office is at 112-114 Witton Street, Northwich, Cheshire, and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3044718.
We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA446682 and act as both data controller and data processor. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person for the organisation is Dr Jonathan Edgeworth, and he can be contacted at the following postal address:
Moorfield Nanotechnology Limited
Unit 1 Wolfe Close
Parkgate Industrial Estate
2. Information that we collect.
Moorfield Nanotechnology processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you is:
- Employer/organisation name
- Work address
- Work email
- Work telephone number
- Mobile telephone number
- Skype username
We collect information in the ways listed below:
- Online forms
- Direct requests from us to you via email or telephone
- Unsolicited communications from you to us via email or telephone
3. How we use your personal data
Moorfield Nanotechnology takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where we have a legal basis for using your personal data for promotional offers and marketing, you are free to opt-out of any further communication at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data, together with the legal bases for doing so, are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data as part of the performance of an existing or possible contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address. We store this data using internal customer relationship management (CRM) software. For this, our legal basis is contractual.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes. We store this data using internal accounting software. For this, our legal basis is legal obligation.
- We use a third-part email provider, Google, to store copies of our received and sent emails that are likely to include personally identifiable information. Our legal basis for this is contractual, legal obligation, legitimate interest or consent, varying by the case in point.
- When someone visits a website operated by us (moorfield.co.uk, www.cleanenvironments.co.ukor www.moorfieldvacuumcomponents.co.uk) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. For this, our legal basis is legitimate interest.
- We use a third-party service, MailChimp, to deliver regular e-newsletters and promotional emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry-standard technologies including clear GIF objects to help us monitor and improve these marketing emails. This information may be personally identifiable. Our legal basis for this is legitimate interest or consent.
- We use a third-party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisation. Our legal basis for this is legitimate interest or consent.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
4. Your Rights
You have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you and to request information about:
- The purposes of any processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed.
- How long we intend to store your personal data for.
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
5. Sharing and disclosing your personal information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Moorfield Nanotechnology uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We occasionally ship to customers directly from our suppliers, which we will agree with you in advance. If you agree to this, we will need to share some personal data with these suppliers. The only information we will provide them with is your name, address and order details, which are needed for shipping purposes. Their use of this data is strictly in accordance with our instructions. For more information regarding the companies involved, we suggest you read their privacy notices.
- We use shipping and courier companies to deliver your goods on our behalf. The only information we provide them with is your name, address and order details for shipping purposes. For more information about these companies, please read their privacy notices.
This privacy notice does not cover privacy policies of other companies linked to from any of our websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
6. Safeguarding measures
Moorfield takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: SSL, encryptions, internal best practices, access restriction, IT measures, authentication, etc.
7. How long we keep your data
Moorfield Nanotechnology only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed, if we have no other ongoing legal basis for keeping it.
We will keep information about our customers (name, address, contact details) for a maximum of 20 years or the stated life time of the product, for the purposes of maintaining technical contact (e.g., for providing you with relevant technical bulletins).
Where we have used legitimate interest as a basis for collecting and storing your personal data, we will keep such data until you object to this.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you withdraw your consent.
8. Promotions & offers
Occasionally Moorfield would like to contact you with details of offers, services and competitions that we provide, together with e-newsletters and promotions. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out options included within marketing material or by contacting us directly.
9. Lodging a complaint
Moorfield Nanotechnology only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
Created by: TNH Dated: 23.05.2018