A compact, turn-key and scalable CVD system for high-throughput carbon nanotube synthesis – with proven performance.
The nanoCVD-8N provides precise control over conditions such as temperature and gas chemistry that are critical for reproducible production of surface-bound carbon nanotube (CNT) arrays, primarily the single-walled form.
Developed in collaboration with leading academic partners, the units implement the cold-wall variant of the CVD method, enabling reduced contamination, low running costs and better control as compared to tube-furnace counterparts.
User operation is via a touchscreen HMI and is recipe-based, with all hardware being fully automated. Comprehensive safety features protect users and the system itself. Included PC software enables data-logging and offline recipe definition. All units come with expert support.
Systems are quick to install and ideal for research groups requiring ongoing rapid access to high-quality CNTs for R&D applications.
Depending on recipes and substrate/catalyst combinations, nanoCVD-8N units can create different CNT morphologies:
- Random: Multiply interconnected SWNTs
- Aligned: Parallel SWNTs
- ‘Forests’: Vertically stacked SWNTs
CNTS can be formed using a variety of substrates, such as SiO2/Si, Si3N4 and quartz, while typical catalysts include nanoparticles of Fe, Co and Ni.
Get a Quote
Tell us about your project and a member of the team will be in touch.
- Ultra-compact, benchtop, atmospheric-pressure CVD system
- Reproducible synthesis of high-quality carbon nanotubes
- Optimised for single-walled carbon nanotubes
- Precise control of conditions
- 1100 °C maximum temperature
- MFC-controlled process gases (argon, hydrogen and methane)
- 20 × 40 mm2 maximum substrate size
- Process times <30 minutes
- User-friendly, touchscreen interface
- Define/save multiple growth recipes
- PC connection for data-logging
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features
- Cleanroom compatible
- Proven performance
The nanoCVD-8N is available with a rotary or scroll (dry) backing pump.
The nanoCVD-8N requires inert service gas, high-purity process gases (argon, hydrogen and methane) and electrical power.